Terms and Conditions
Next Level Swimming Academy Terms & Conditions
- Please read the following Terms & Conditions carefully before you book our classes as they are the basis of the contract between the “Client” and Next Level Swimming Academy (“NLSA”). The Client is the person booking and/or attending activities, courses, and lessons at NLSA. Attending includes both participating and accompanying, including pupils, parents, guardians, and others.
- In the unlikely event of a Client failing to abide by these terms and conditions, a customer may be asked to discontinue lessons with NLSA. In this instance, NLSA will be under no obligation to provide a refund for any outstanding lessons.
- We may need to vary these terms and conditions from time to time. Changes will be updated on the NLSA website.
- Clients must comply with all Health and Safety instructions, these may be in the form of policies, pool rules and/or communications from NLSA.
About NLSA and Contact Details:
- We provide Swimming Lessons and Aquatic Activities to all age groups and abilities, in a class or one to one format.
- You can contact us by email on: email@example.com or by phone on: +44 7824 990239
- If we have to contact you, we will do so by telephone or by email using the contact details you supplied when booking.
Booking a Class/Activity:
- Our course dates are published on the NLSA website. We run a term time programme and intensive classes and other activities run through the holidays.
- To make a booking, please complete an online booking on the website or call NLSA if you need additional information. You will be enrolled and will make your payment online, and swim school details will be sent via email. Bookings are only confirmed once payment has been received.
- Renewals for term time lessons are typically half a term in advance of the next term. Existing Clients will be given a priority window to rebook, during this window their existing space will be held. Once the priority window closes, spaces will be released for other Clients.
- Bookings for crash courses and holiday activities are on a ‘first come first serve’ basis, with places confirmed only once payment is received.
- Pupils can join part way through a course and payment will be pro rata to the end of the term.
- Pupils will not be permitted to participate in lessons unless payment has been received in advance of the class/course.
- All prices include standard rate VAT where applicable.
Lesson changes or cancellations:
- There is a 14 day window for you to request a refund of any payment you have made, provided the request is more than 14 days prior to the lesson/start of the course such that NLSA have sufficient time to resell the space. The refund will be made within 14 days of your request, which should be via email to firstname.lastname@example.org confirming relevant details for payment.
- In the unlikely event of a ‘last minute’ lesson change or a lesson cancellation by NLSA, you will be notified by us, by text message to your mobile phone with as much notice as possible. NLSA will not reimburse any expenses incurred by a Client for failing to pick up a message.
- If a lesson is cancelled by NLSA, we will credit the value of the cancelled lesson to your account and your next payment will be reduced by the equivalent value. Should you decide to leave NLSA before your credit has been used, we will refund you your credit provided you provide NLSA with your bank details by email within 30 days of your last lesson.
- Once a course has started, we are unable to provide a refund for missed lessons (private or group). This includes lessons missed due to illness, injury, self-isolation, or holidays. We make a commitment, in advance, to our teachers and to the facilities that we hire, and we are therefore not able to refund payments for missed lessons. In the event that a pupil has a serious medical condition or injury that would prevent participation for more than 4 weeks, we will refund lessons not attended, provided you notify us at least 48 hours in advance of the next lesson and provide a medical certificate by email. We may offer the space to another pupil and will used best endeavours to find you a suitable space when you are ready to return.
- We do not offer ‘make up’ lessons or the opportunity to join a different class if pupils are unable to attend their ‘normal’ lesson as this typically causes disruption to a class they do not regularly attend.
- We will be guided by the facility as to whether lessons can go ahead in inclement weather conditions. If lessons run and you do not attend, no refund will be due.
- We reserve the right to cancel, suspend or postpone a class or course before the first lesson if there are insufficient bookings. We will offer you an alternative where this is possible, alternatively we will refund your payment in full. We will give reasonable notice in these circumstances.
- It may take new pupils a few weeks to settle into a class. So that you can make a booking in confidence, we offer a guarantee of a refund of the remaining lessons should a pupil not settle within their first 3 lessons.
- Bookings are not transferable except with the express, written, permission of an NLSA Director.
- Please let us know at the earliest opportunity if you are not able to attend a lesson due to illness, self- isolation, or injury.
- Teachers will be provided with medical details supplied when you register so that they can make suitable reasonable adjustments to lessons. If there are any changes to medical details, including pregnancy, please let us know so that we can make any reasonable adjustments.
- Please do not attend lessons if you have any contagious illness including a fever, ear infections, vomiting, diarrhoea, flu or a cold, impetigo, conjunctivitis, chicken pox. You need to be clear of symptoms for 48 hours before attending lessons or confirmation from a GP that you can attend swimming lessons. People with Cryptosporidiosis must be clear of symptoms for 14 days before attending lessons.
- If you have a verruca(s) or athletes’ foot, you must wear a suitable foot covering, including in the pool.
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you accept that staff qualified in first aid and/or medical professionals may provide first aid as deemed necessary if you are not present or able to consent at the time.
Swimming Teachers and Parents:
- All NLSA Swim Teachers are suitably qualified and DBS checked.
- Parents are responsible for their children at all times whilst on site, including the safe handover of pupils to their respective teacher at the start of their lesson and for ensuring a prompt collection at the end of the lesson.
- Parents must remain on the premises either in the gallery or in the dedicated waiting area as they may be needed to help in particular in the unlikely event of any emergency.
- Parents will be responsible for taking their own children to the toilet if they are not able to manage by themselves and if this is needed during a lesson.
- Parents must not distract a teacher or lifeguard during a lesson. Please speak to the Poolside Manager if you have any questions or concerns. Alternatively, please email or call NLSA and if necessary we can pass on information to the teacher. Likewise, we will pass information from the teachers to parents as needed.
- If a child is having a one to one lesson and the teacher is ‘lone working’, the accompanying adult must remain on poolside.
- Parents must supervise any other children in their care who may not be participating in a lesson.
- We deliver the Swim England National framework. Pupils will be assessed on an ongoing basis and we will discuss movements to a higher stage with parents once the teacher is comfortable that all outcomes for a particular stage class have been achieved
- We are not able to guarantee a specific teacher for a class or course including once a course has started however all teachers work to the same Swim England assessment criteria.
- Swim teachers, teaching younger stages in the water, may need to support a pupil to ensure they are safe or to ensure a correct body position. Teachers follow Swim England Wave Power guidance in this regard.
- The taking of photographs or video recordings is not permitted unless this has been pre-arranged and agreed in writing with NLSA.
- You will be asked to supply information when you book onto a course or class. At the time of booking, we will ask for your consent for your personal and contact information to be used to contact you when necessary and to share details with NLSA team members as appropriate.
- Please update NLSA if there are any changes to your personal or contact details.
- We will retain your details for up to 12 months once your lessons end to allow us to provide you with any assessment details should they be required and so that we can support any re bookings within that time period.
- If you would like your data deleted at any time, please let us know by email.
- NLSA will not accept liability for loss or damage to any personal items brought to lessons. We strongly recommend that valuable items are not brought to lessons.
- Pupils and accompanying adults must respect the site in its entirety, this includes not accessing areas that are not for public use or require authorisation.
- Any areas open to the public areas are at Clients own risk and must be used as prescribed by the owner of the facilities.
- Children must not eat 60 mins before a class
- Pupils who are not toilet trained must wear a swim nappy under their costume. Nappies must be removed from the premises or disposed of in a nappy bin if one is available on the premises.
- Goggles are optional but we reserve the right to remove them if they are hindering a pupil’s progress.
- Outdoor shoes may not be worn on poolside. NLSA do not supply shoe covers as these are not environmentally friendly. Please either bring your own shoe covers which you can re-use or swop to indoor shoes (e.g. Crocs/flip flops) when on poolside.
- Buggies must not be taken onto poolside
- The site is non smoking
- Aside from guide dogs, dogs are not permitted on site
- Glass items must not be brought onto poolside or into the changing rooms